Dr. Stephen Bannar, MD, is an Orthopedic Surgery specialist in Zephyr Cove, Nevada. He attended and graduated from Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine in 1990, having over 28 years of diverse experience, especially in Orthopedic Surgery. He is affiliated with many hospitals including Barton Memorial Hospital, Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center, Carson Valley Medical Center. Dr. Stephen Bannar also cooperates with other doctors and physicians in medical groups including Lake Tahoe Orthopaedic Institute A Watson-Swanson Professional Corp. Dr. Stephen Bannar accepts Medicare-approved amount as payment in full. Call (775) 589-8950 to request Dr. Stephen Bannar the information (Medicare information, advice, payment, …) or simply to book an appointment.
|Full Name||Stephen Bannar|
|Sole Proprietor||No – He does not own an unincorporated business by himself.|
|Accepts Medicare Assignment||He does accept the payment amount Medicare approves and not to bill you for more than the Medicare deductible and coinsurance.|
- Orthopedic Surgery (primary specialty)
- Sports Medicine
- 28+ years of diverse experience
- Medical Doctor (MD)
Medical DoctorDoctor of Medicine (MD or DM), or in Latin: Medicinae Doctor, meaning “Teacher of Medicine”, is a terminal degree for physicians and surgeons. In countries that follow the tradition of the United States, it is a first professional graduate degree awarded upon graduation from medical school.
Education and Training
- Dr. Stephen Bannar attended and graduated from Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine in 1990.
- NPI #: 1093706681
- NPI Enumeration Date: Wednesday, November 2, 2005
- NPPES Last Update: Wednesday, July 16, 2014
- eRx – He does not participate in the Medicare Electronic Prescribing (eRx) Incentive Program.
- PQRS – He does report Quality Measures (PQRS). The Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) is a Medicare program encouraging health care professionals and group practices to report information on their quality of care. Quality measures can show how well a health care professional provides care to people with Medicare.
- EHR – He does use electronic health records (EHR). The Electronic Health Records (EHR) Incentive Program encourages health care professionals to use certified EHR technology in ways that may improve health care. Electronic health records are important because they may improve a health care professional’s ability to make well-informed treatment decisions.
- MHI – He does not commit to heart health through the Million Hearts initiative. Million Hearts is a national initiative that encourages health care professionals to report and perform well on activities related to heart health in an effort to prevent heart attacks and strokes.
- MOC – He does not participate in the Medicare Maintenance of Certification Program. A “Maintenance of Certification Program” encourages board certified physicians to continue learning and self-evaluating throughout their medical career.
|Specialization||License Number||Issued State|
Zephyr Cove, Nevada 89448-8001
Phone: (775) 589-8950
- Monday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Tuesday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Wednesday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Friday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed